70 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: CNDO ACRX NXST EAC KMX ARCP GILD REGN
192 stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+.
- Payroll tax increase hasn’t mattered so far. The consumer is alive, well and spending. At least, this is what the market is discounting with retailers ($XRT) and consumer discretionary stocks (restaurants, apparel) charging higher.
- Healthcare and more specifically biotech and drug manufacturers continue to ride the secular trend of an aging U.S. population and outperform. There were quite a few new all-time highs among biotech stocks today: $GILD $REGN $ONXX
- Other notable breakouts: $HFF (mortgage investment), $GTN (broadcasting), $EL (personal products), $STAG (REIT)
StockTwits 50 Highlights
- $CELG (biotech), $FAF (property insurance), $WOR (steel products) and $CHUY (Mexican restaurant chain) cleared new all-time highs. $PRLB (3D Printing) was also there in the morning, but gave it up in the second part of the day.
- $APOG had a decent earnings report, but its shares sold off. $APOG has doubled in the past 6 months, so a pullback of some form is a normal market reaction.
- $LNKD is hovering right below its all-time highs after 3 weeks of side-ways consolidation. It is on a breakout watch for the next few days. So is $SBUX.
» Daily Update » Momentum Wrap – Biotech and Retail...