Momentum Wrap – Airlines Make New 52-week Highs While Apple Makes New 52-week Lows
- Posted by Ivanhoff
- on March 4th, 2013
95 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: HGSH TSRO CBPO NEO RM PFMT SXL SUSS CRAY MPC ACHC …
189 stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- The stock market could be a bizarre place sometimes – while the most profitable company in the world, $AAPL is struggling near 52-week lows, the industry which is famous for turing billionaires into millionaires, continues to make new highs. Yes, airlines are among the best performing stocks for the past quarter: $ALK $UAL $RJET etc. The recent dip in crude oil is helping too.
- $YHOO continues to climb relentlessly. The stock is up 44% since Marissa Mayer was appointed for a CEO on July 16, 2012.
- Also notable relative strength in retailers ($TGT, $M) refiners ($WNR $CVI), building materials ($APOG $TXI), enterprise software ($CSOD, $WDAY, $CRM)
StockTwits 50 Highlights
- The action in momentum stocks was quite positive – 13 out of the 50 stocks gained 2% or more; we saw a bunch of new breakouts and new multi-year highs, including the big dogs: $GOOG $CRM $LNKD $ADBE …
- 3D Printing maker $SSYS gapped up on better than expected earnings, but it finished near the lows of the day as it encountered some resistance near its declining 20dma
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus