95 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: HGSH TSRO CBPO NEO RM PFMT SXL SUSS CRAY MPC ACHC …
189 stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- The stock market could be a bizarre place sometimes – while the most profitable company in the world, $AAPL is struggling near 52-week lows, the industry which is famous for turing billionaires into millionaires, continues to make new highs. Yes, airlines are among the best performing stocks for the past quarter: $ALK $UAL $RJET etc. The recent dip in crude oil is helping too.
- $YHOO continues to climb relentlessly. The stock is up 44% since Marissa Mayer was appointed for a CEO on July 16, 2012.
- Also notable relative strength in retailers ($TGT, $M) refiners ($WNR $CVI), building materials ($APOG $TXI), enterprise software ($CSOD, $WDAY, $CRM)
StockTwits 50 Highlights
- The action in momentum stocks was quite positive – 13 out of the 50 stocks gained 2% or more; we saw a bunch of new breakouts and new multi-year highs, including the big dogs: $GOOG $CRM $LNKD $ADBE …
- 3D Printing maker $SSYS gapped up on better than expected earnings, but it finished near the lows of the day as it encountered some resistance near its declining 20dma
» Daily Update » Momentum Wrap – Airlines Make New...