Momentum Wrap – LinkedIn, Open Table and A Railroad Hit New Multi-Year Highs
- Posted by Ivanhoff
- on February 27th, 2013
62 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: GWRE SLCA VRSK LNKD CSU JBHT SUSS ASR DLPH PCRX …
144 stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- Railroad stocks were probably on the all-time high list in 1913. $KSU is there in 2013. Credit Swiss released a note that Kansas City Southern’s Oil transportation business could add $1 to its EPS
- The whole transportation sector managed to hold impressively well during the correction and now its stocks are breaking loose. Even truckers are hot: $JBHT
StockTwits 50 Highlights
- A bunch of breakouts on the list: $SWI (software), $N (software), $MEOH (chemicals), $ACHC (healthcare svs), $ADBE
- $LNKD reached new all-time highs after sell-side analysts send their Valentines cards two week later. Nothing like a good story to sustain a price trend. Good noise sells.
- 3D printing stocks $DDD and $SSYS tried to recover some of territory they lost earlier this week. $PRLB looks technically the strongest.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus