Momentum Wrap – Sand, Prison and Fast Food Stocks On The All-Time High List
- Posted by Ivanhoff
- on February 26th, 2013
27 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: SLCA CBRL SIR RPEI EOPN CHTR COG TLP GEO WPC
30 liquid stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- Fast food stocks have shown tremendous relative strength. $CBRL and $PZZA tagged new all-time highs today. ($PZZA restated earnings in the after hours and it was crushed on the news). On a side note, $WEN and $BKW are also holding near 52wk highs.
- There is still demand for staffing stocks, especially in healthcare svs. $AHS cleared new 2yr highs
- Other notable breakouts: $SLCS (sand), $GEO (prisons), $CHTR (cable TV), $HWAY (healthcare svs), 4COG (oil and gas)
StockTwits 50 Notables
- $EOPN was one of the few stocks that remained green in yesterday’s carnage. Guess what. Today, it was up another 4% and made new all-time high. Relative strength in big red days for the markets matters a lot.
- Strong housing data gave a boost to homebuilders. $PHM gained 5.6%, but it will need a lot more time to heal and potentially build a new base
- $JAZZ beat the estimates and it looks higher after the bell
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus