Momentum Wrap – Stocks Down Across the Board
- Posted by Ivanhoff
- on February 20th, 2013
There was a substantial surge in volatility and correlation today. Basic materials and energy stocks led the decline. Dividend-paying staples held relatively well, foreshadowing capital rotation into defensive sectors.
14 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: SIX RRTS SHOS ECHO UGP AON SCTY CTRX GRFS AAT VRTU ABBV OAK
36 new 52-week highs among stocks that appreciated 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- Semiconductor $NVMI tried to clear new 3yr highs from a decent weekly and daily base, but will it follow through in a weakening market?
- $WEN tagged new 3yr highs after spending years in relatively tight range. Burger stocks have been on fire as of late, so this is one to watch.
- Other notable breakouts include: $CTRX (healthcare IT solutions), $MDCO (drugs), $SIX (Six Flags), $CKP (security svs)
StockTwits 50 Notables
- Housing related stocks continue to deteriorate. Homebuilders and building material stocks were sizable losers: $PHM $EXP
- $LNN is back near its rising 50dma. Let’s see if it finds buyers there. Anything related to agriculture (they sell equipment) has been under severe pressure lately.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus