Momentum Wrap – It is 2007 All Over Again – Oil and Solar Stocks Shine
- Posted by Ivanhoff
- on February 14th, 2013
Indexes might be flat, but there wasn’t a lack of breakouts as money continues to rotate among different sectors.
66 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: STZ HNZ CIMT EAC TYPE EQIX HGR ALDW PRAA SCTY KS NTI …
193 stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- Solar stocks continue to shine. Monstrous 22% gain for $SPWR
- Buffett bought $HNZ and market immediately assigned higher multiple to a bunch of staples: $SJM $GIS. They’ve been on the new high list for awhile.
- Other notable breakouts: $VCLK (digital marketing svs), $ECPG (credit svs), $VSI (supplements retailer), $ENOC (management applications for the smart grid)
StockTwits 50 Notables
- 3D printing stock $DDD took a hit after another report from Citron. It seems to happen every five months with little success. $SSYS tested its rising 100dma.
- $GNRC tested its 50dma in a typical sell “buy the rumor, sell the news” development
- $QIHU followed up on yesterday’s relative strength and gained another 2%.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus