Momentum Wrap – 3D Printing Is Still Alive…Real Estate Developers On Fire
- Posted by Ivanhoff
- on February 13th, 2013
67 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more today: PRLB PRO GV BRP PCYC HHC ACRX VMI FURX NSM
165 stocks reached 52-week highs while appreciating 1%+. Some of the notable movers include:
- 3D printing is still considered a fad by many, but the underlying stocks continue to squeeze higher. $PRLB reported better than expected earnings and shot 25% higher to new all-time highs.
- Real estate developers are trading like it is 2003 all aver gain. $HHC $BRP $IEP just printed new all-time highs. So are mortgage investors – $HLCC $NSM, building materials and heavy construction stocks.
- Regional banks, which are another way to play the recovery in the U.S. housing markets, are showing on the 52-week high list every day: $HAFC $CATY $CRBC
- Recently, Josh Brown mentioned that “If you add up annual profits of the entire airline industry going back to 1948, you get minus $32 billion”, but apparently airlines could occasionally be very lucrative trading vehicles. Just look at the 3-month performance of the entire sector. A few new multi-year highs from the group today - $ALGT, $RJET, $ALK
- $PCYC has been in the top 10 best performing stocks for 2011 and 2012. Today, it broke out to new all-time highs again. Price momentum could be a catalyst on its own.
StockTwits 50 Notables
- $QIHU gained 3% in a flat tape. Notable relative strength and a great looking setup
- $RAX was leveled with the ground after missing revenue estimates for the first time since 2009
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus