23 new all-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more today: CIMT STARZ FUL ALDW MTGE LGF BFAM LNKD UHAL RKUS BOFI
73 new 52-week highs among stocks that appreciated 1% or more. Some of the notable movers include:
- $YHOO closed at new 52-week highs. It didn’t take long to recover from the after-earnings fiasco. It seems, Marissa Mayer still has the benefit of the doubt or the approaching Alibaba IPO is playing its role
- Refiners ($ALDW $TSO etc), specialty chemicals stocks ($FUL), gas utilities ($SMLP) continue to climb higher as natural gas prices decline. Refiners look quite extended at this point.
- Regional banks continue to prove that it is a “market of stocks” environment and deliver new breakouts: $RNST $CYN $BOFI
- Other notable breakouts – $MDP (publishing), $MFC (life insurance), $FVE (long-term care facilities), $FSC (credit svs)
StockTwits 50 Notables
- $LNKD continues to squeeze and followed up on its Friday’s monstrous with with another 3%. It will probably consolidate from here
- Relative weakness in $CIB (Bancolombia), $EPAM (IT svs), $GNRC (power generators), $RNF (ag chemicals)
» Daily Update » Momentum Wrap – Yahoo Closes at...