163 All-Time Highs among stocks that gained 1% or more. Some of the more liquid big gainers include: POL AEGR DDD STZ ASH MD DORM CP TRS EQIX
520 stocks reached new 52-week highs while gaining 1%+ today. 2/3 of them finished above their opening print. Some of the notable movers include:
- After underperforming in December, U.S. based companies dominated the 52-week high list on Wednesday – side effect of the budget deal
- Property and Casualty insurers keep making new highs, even the big dog Berkshire Hathaway: $BRK.B $HMN $MHLD $EIG
StockTwits 50 Notables
- It was a “Gap town” all over the place. A bunch of new multi-year highs. Some of them: $ASGN $POL $DDD $LNN $DPZ $EBAY
- New all-time highs for $TSM. Apple has already requested Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company to produce its next-generation A6X processors, reports the Taiwanese financial newspaper Commercial Times.
- Retailers and Consumer discretionary stocks were notably weak. $LULU and $KORS were among the worst performers on the list
- $LNKD was the first St50 stock to turn red in the morning and it proceeded to weaken later in the day
» Daily Update » Momentum Wrap – 2013 Started With...