30 All-Time Highs among stocks that gained 1% or more. Some of the biggest gainers were: MX KYTH RGLS DDD PBF DORM SXE BECN TRGP FLTX EMN CFX RAX LYB TRMB
116 stocks reached new 52-week highs while gaining 1%+ today. Some of the notable movers include:
- With the average age of U.S. car fleet at all-time highs and an increasingly affordable auto loans, car and auto parts stocks look to benefit in 2013. Some are already making new highs: $WBC $DORM $SUP $MGA
- Housing-related started the year strong and finished stronger: $JOE (real estate development), $MHO (home builder), $RDN (property insurance), $LPX (lumber production)…
- Refiners were among the best performing industry groups in the second half of 2012. $ALJ made another new 3yr high. $PBF, which is a recent IPO, also tagged new highs
StockTwits 50 Notables
- Chinese $QIHU broke out to new 18-month high on very strong volume. It seems like Wall Street’s favorite new stock to play Internet growth in China;
- Staffing and outsourcing stocks were among the best performers in 2012; $ASGN is looking strong into 2013. Today, it cleared its pivot near $20 and it is very close to 10yr highs;
- $AZZ came back above its 50dma and it is setting up again;
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
» Daily Update » Momentum Wrap – Strong Finish Of...