10 All-time highs among stocks that gained 1% or more: RGCO SAM NICK CVI ALK SRE RSE APH EMN CRM
74 stocks reached new 52-week highs while appreciating 1% or more. Some of the notable movers include:
- There is no doubt that the major market theme of the year is housing recovery. Today we saw new breakouts in almost anything related to that theme: homebuilders – $PHM $MHO; construction materials – $CX $TXI; banks – $BAC $C $OFG; property insurers – $TRV, contractors – $EME, heavy construction – $GVA $GLDD
- Crude oil is starting to perk up a bit, but refiners ($WNR, $CVI) and airlines ($ALK, $LUV) keep making new highs – interesting divergence
- More Beer, more All-time highs for $SAM. One of the few earnings breakouts this quarter.
StockTwits 50 Notables:
- $CRM hit new all-time highs again, slowly squeezing the last remaining hope of shorts with high conviction. $LULU also wants to join the short squeeze party. Someone is getting a wedgie for this Christmas;
- $ISRG is acting very well above its 50dma. $551 seems like a good pivot for even higher prices; As I mentioned in the weekly market review, it is important high-priced stocks to act well, because it is an indication that institutions are putting money to work. $CMG and $GOOG are not on the St50 list, but are high-priced stocks that have been acting well lately;
- $SBUX keeps pushing higher. cleared 6-month high and market loves it again;
- As I mentioned already, homebuilders are getting their mojo back. $PHM and $LEN had a strong day;
- $CONN – one of the best performing stocks in 2011, is doing exceptionally well in 2012 too – new highs for them;
- The new Chinese search engine $QIHU broke out from a consolidation above its 20dma
- 3D printing stocks $DDD and $SSYS reminded of themselves, both gaining close to 4% on Monday
» Daily Update » Momentum Wrap – Housing Related Stocks...